Zach Margolis - Santa Monica Bay
Point Dume (Malibu) to Rocky Point (Palos Verdes)
43.2 km (26.8 miles)
13 hours, 28 minutes on 18-19 June 2021
Observed and documented by Amy Appelhans Gubser
- Name: Zach Margolis
- Gender: male
- Age on swim date: 32
- Nationality: United States
- Resides: San Francisco, California
- Mike Chandler - pilot
- Greg Gubser - 2nd pilot
- Amy Gubser - observer
- Mandy Hoskinson - crew / photographer
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Textile swimsuit (Turbo brief), single latex cap, Speedo Hydrospex goggles.
- Body of Water: Pacific Ocean
- Route Type: one-way
- Start Location: Pirate’s Cove (west edge of Point Dume) (34.000874, -118.807941)
- Finish Location: Rocky Point, near SS Dominator shipwreck (north edge of Lunada Bay) (33.773923, -118.428351)
- Minimum Route Distance: 43.2 km (26.8 miles) (map)
LongSwimsDB: Santa Monica Bay.
- Start: 18 June 2021, 19:04:28 (Pacific Daylight, America/Los_Angeles, UTC-7).
- Finish: 19 June 2021, 08:33:12
- Elapsed: 13 hours, 28 minutes, 44 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||63||67|
|Air Temp (F)||62||65|
Trackpoint frequency: 20 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Vitamin Water, gummies, waffle, assorted treats. First 2 feeds @ 45 min, then every 30 min.
Click to enlarge.