Vanessa Eugene - Rat Island Loop
Loop around Rat Island from Sandals Grande BEach
14.2 km (8.8 miles)
6 hours, 58 minutes on 21 November 2021
Observed and documented by Sue Dyson
- Support Personnel
- Swim Parameters
- Swim Data & GPS
- Observer Log
- Swimmer Statement
- Name: Vanessa Eugene
- Gender: female
- Age on swim date: 39
- Nationality: Saint Lucia
- Resides: Monier, Saint Lucia
- Kerney Evans - boat pilot
- Michael Paul - first mate
- Keenan Sonson - feeder
- Terrol Campton - kayaker
- Bernard Fanis - photographer
- Kerma Mondesir - Sandals photographer (start & finish)
|MV Lady Halcyon||Rodney Bay, St Lucia|
- Category: Solo, nonstop, unassisted.
- Rules: MSF Rules of Marathon Swimming, without exception or modification.
- Equipment used: Textile swimsuit (A3 Performance), silicone cap, goggles, basic watch, sunscreen, Vaseline, mouth spray w/ coconut oil.
- Body of Water: Rodney Bay, Caribbean Sea
- Route Type: island loop
- Start Location: Sandals Grande Beach, Rodney Bay (14.091505, -60.960574)
- Finish Location: Rat Island, offshore from Sandals Halcyon Beach (14.033674, -60.981556)
- Minimum Route Distance: 14.2 km (8.8 miles) (map)
No known previous swims of this route.
- Start: 21 November 2021, 06:21 (America/St_Lucia, UTC-4).
- Finish: 21 November 2021, 799.0
- Elapsed: 6 hours, 58 minutes, 10 seconds.
Summary of Conditions
|Water Temp (F)||82||82|
|Air Temp (F)||78||84|
Trackpoint frequency: 5 minutes. Download raw data (CSV).
Nutrition: Electrolytes mixed in water; coconut water; banana; Gatorade; Carbo Pro in water; Spring energy gels; Stamina energy drink. No fixed frequency.
Click to enlarge.