Standard Equipment of Marathon Swimming
- One swimsuit made of porous, textile material. For males, the suit must not extend below the knee or above the waist. For females it must not extend below the knee, onto the neck, or beyond the shoulder.
- One bathing cap made of latex or silicone.
- Goggles, earplugs, and noseclips.
- Sunscreen and grease.
- Safety lights for night visibility.
- Simple timekeeping device (chronometer).
- Escort boat, pilot, and crew.
- Nutrition, and equipment to transport it between the boat and swimmer. The swimmer may not be supported or towed by the feed equipment.
- Paddler(s) and support swimmer(s).
The swimmer does not need to declare the use of standard equipment (i.e., it is assumed).
Any equipment not specifically listed here is considered nonstandard equipment.